Wednesday, March 21, 2007

 

Knitting for Peace, WI style



I know, I know, this isn't really a FL knitting story. But it's too good to pass up.

See, my friend Rochelle is a librarian in La Crosse, WI, and with a little encouragement, could be a knittin' fiend if she wanted to. (send knitterly thoughts to her!)

I was excited when she moved to La Crosse because I had just read in the back of the Knitting for Peace book that the author, Betty Christiansen, lived there. And I don't just like the book. I LOVE IT. I BOUGHT IT. I tell every knitter interested in charity knitting (and even those that aren't) that they NEED THIS BOOK. It's fun to read, uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging.

"My favorite knitting book author lives in La Crosse!" I typed to her furiously when I learned she was taking a great new job there. I'm sure she rolled her eyes that I found this to be one of the more exciting parts of La Crosse, but Rochelle has known me for years, and used to my quirks.

And now, friend to knitters that La Crosse Public Library is, this cool event happened today:

12:00 PM- 8:00 PM Knitting for Peace
Make the world a better place, one stitch at a time. Betty Christiansen, the author of Knitting for Peace, will be the featured guest. Bring projects that you are working on, or work on a cooperative project for peace. Other needle workers are welcome too. All Ages Location: Main Library


And, because I am such a dork and requested it, here are pictures from the event. Enjoy! And support your local library!

Comments:
Hi, I work for www.shopyarn.com. Part of my job is to search blogs to find the latest books and shops throughout the U.S.

On shopyarn.com we are going to add patterns and other knitting related books and would like reviews about them. I saw your blog and would like to ask permission to feature the following quote on our site.

"I don't just like the book. I LOVE IT. I BOUGHT IT. I tell every knitter interested in charity knitting (and even those that aren't) that they NEED THIS BOOK. It's fun to read, uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging."


Thank You,
Margaret
Shopyarn.com
Margaret@directionpress.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?